Monday, March 29, 2004

Last Wednesday I met up with Janice to pick up a bit of bible study again. Janice gave me this little booklet which is something like a 50 days thing... the first was Day 1 "Guided by Day and by Night" and it said read Psalm 23. This is Psalm 23;

Psalm 23 - A psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [1]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.


While reading Psalm 23, it sounded really cool at first but after understanding it I thought it was really cool. Pretty strong stuff... and here are a few thoughts and notes of Psalm 23;
The LORD is our shepherd and we are his sheep who follows him. HE is our leader and we are his followers (children).
He described in verse two - He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters
- it sounded like a really peaceful verse... so I guess he gives us peace... it's like comfort... feels like we're safe with Him.
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.- He guides us to the right path... and we follow Him in Jesus name...
making a brief notes to finish my blog off: In verse 4, even though there is bad stuff around the whole entire world (lol) we are not afraid because the LORD is always with us where ever we are... and his rod and staff is sort of like our protection in way... like if we get lost he will hit the staff against the ground so we can hear where he is... umm... I have more notes but I'm really tired... and I think you know Psalm 23 already... heard it is the most popular Psalm... anyways this is all my thought notes from last Wednesday with Janice... g2g... ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home